Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Wild Lives Lives Here!

Wildlife Lives Here
8/5/2020

While reading on the patio in a a nice sunny afternoon
a loud noise blasted nearby 
like a gardener trying to 
cut down a tree
Until I saw this little guy on the fence



A new visitor appeared this morning

With an outfit
fit to attend a party
Have no idea what she’s looking for
not yet time for fruit season
Worms and insects plenty though

This bird looks like a spotted towhee bird


A blue bird is quite common around here
They are bigger in size and stronger
I remember seeing one snatched a piece of bread
Right out of the palm of my daughter 
When she was little 


These two young fawns are frequent guests
not exactly invited or welcome 


This is one of the two fawns I saw earlier 
It simply sat there motionless 
while I took pictures of her 
I could have finished the sketch 
Sight of people around didn’t seem to bother her one bit


這些野兔有無限多的分身
This bunny has many cohorts 
Quietly they multiply and poke around 
You can see them everywhere 


These wild turkeys seemed to be on the move
They are not migrating birds
I saw them here in spring, in summer and in autumn 
near thanksgiving time


A hummingbird rested on the tip of a dry branch


On a cloudy day
Pair of hawks gliding over the park 
where the neighborhood trail is located 
I have yet to see more than 3 birds hovering over the vicinity
guess I should call it their territory 
The 3rd one I detected must be a young one



Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment